Peter F. Weiss, Esq.
Peter graduated from the College of the Holy Cross in 1986. Peter obtained his Juris Doctorate from the Dickinson School of Law in 1990.
Peter was initially associated with the law firm of Winne, Banta, Rizzi and Basralian in Hackensack, New Jersey, before joining his father and uncle in their Wayne law firm in 1993. From 1993 to 2017, Peter worked with his family members concentrating his practice primarily on estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate and real estate.
Peter now focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, involving wills and trusts, probate proceedings and estate and trust administration. In addition to guiding his clients through their cases, Peter has also been appointed by the Court to serve as Temporary Administrator in will contest matters.
Since 2004, Peter has served as a municipal court judge in Wayne, New jersey. He is presently the presiding municipal court judge in Wayne. While his judgeship limits his ability to practice in criminal courts and municipal matters, it has not limited his ability to practice in other areas.
Peter is a past president of the Passaic County Bar Association and has served three terms as a trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, where he also served as chair of the nominating committee and chair of the Young Lawyers Division.
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Wills and Trusts
- Real Estate
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1993
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, 1990
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1986
Associations & Memberships
- Passaic County Bar Association (President, 2003-2004; Chair, Probate, Real Property and Taxation Section, 2004-2008; Trustee, 1993-Present; Chancery Committee, 2002-)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Trustee, 1999-2001 and 2006-2010; Chair, Nominating Committee, 2008-2009, Member, Nominating Committee, 2003-2005; Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 1998-1999; Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust and Estate Law Section)
- Judge, Municipal Court, Wayne, New Jersey, 2004-Present